Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas everybody! This year's Christmas was really fun! On
Christmas Eve Mommy made a really good dinner and we watched the movie The
Grinch Stole Christmas. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow
since I was really excited for Santa to come. In the morning we (Cole and I)
woke up at 6:00 and ran to the other hull to wake up Mommy and Daddy. Since
Santa had come Cole and I pulled them out of bed so that we could open our
presents. When they finally got out of bed Cole and I immediately started
ripping open presents. My favorite gift was a bead kit. There was all
different colored beads with string and elastic. I have already made Harley
her Christmas gift out of that (I am going to attach a couple of beads to
her collar). After we had opened everything Mommy made a big breakfast and
we ate our new coconut that we got from Fai Da Te (Fai Da Te means do it
yourself in Italian. I have a feeling that it will be a phrase that I will
use). It was really yummy and once we were done Cole and I said "Merry
Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!" on the radio. It was really fun. For
the rest of the day Mommy cooked and all the kids and Dads collected wood
and made a fire. That afternoon all of the boats in the anchorage (33) came
to the beach to do a pot luck. There was all sorts of amazing food and
really, really good deserts. The kids on All The Colors brought their kites
and so did Cole, so for a little while everyone was flying kites on the
beach. Cole got a really cool kite from Santa. It has two handles and you
can steer it. Also it's really huge. Soon our fire was ready and so we
roasted bread on sticks over the fire. The bread was amazing, but it was
really hot and Giulia and I swam afterwards. Once we were dry, we noticed
that all the other kids were playing a type of American football. So we ran
over and asked if we could play. We soon chose teams and they explained how
to play. Here are the rules:
1.the point of the game is to get the ball.
2.If you have the ball, run and pass it to your teammates so that the other
team doesn't get it.
3.If you want the ball then do whatever it takes to get it.
4.Try to have a basic plan for your team.
It was a super fun game and since Giulia and I were really fast, and on the
same team, once we had the ball it stayed with us. Soon everyone had to
leave and so the game ended. As I was getting in the dinghy I had a
wonderful idea. My idea was that since this was my last night with Giulia,
she should sleep over. To make things shorter I will just tell you that we
watched a movie and stayed up until 1:15 in the morning. We had the best
time! The only reason that we went to sleep is that when Daddy came down to
shut hatches when it rained he said "go to sleep or your mother will kill
me". Giulia and I thought that was pretty funny but five minutes later we
were fast asleep. We are now in different anchorages, and tomorrow we will
be moving on to another anchorages (We are going to the states and Puerto
Rico in SIX DAYS!!!). I have Giulia's email and we plan to visit them in
Holand when we get to Australia and New Zealand. After that all of us our
going to stay in our house back in R.I. It should be fun! The weather is
kind of yucky today, cloudy, rainy, and windy. Anyways, Merry Christmas and
Happy Holidays! Bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too, little pumpkin, and I'm glad Santa found you, Cole and Zen! Your Christmas dinner sounded abolutely amazing and I am so glad that you and Guilia have hit it off! Just another country to visit! Both your other Grandma and I can't wait to wrap our arms around you guys and get ready for some long, late nights so we can share everything with you. I'm sure you have lots to tell us and we will be all ears!
Thank you for keeping me up to date with your blogging. Love to read your feelings, experiences and thoughts. Received a Christmas letter from my neighbor, Marie Weiss (she is on the board of Rhode Festival Ballet) and she wrote a personal note that she is keeping informed about your whereabouts and adventures from Sylvi (your friend's mom also from Festival). Also, please tell Mommy that Dr. Sposato was sending her regards.
Love you and can't wait to see and hold you,
Nonna